The College Care Ministry Team works to provide hospitality and serve our Southwestern College neighbors. Check out the list of volunteer opportunities and contact Pastor Lora or Deb Helmer if you’d like to get involved!
- Welcome Cups for new students in the fall
- Welcome Week booth at the Purple Pride night during Welcome Week
- Watermelon Feed at the Moundbuilding Ceremony
- Organize Grace folks to attend sporting events together
- Foster Care Program – volunteer to be paired with a student for the year. You can take them out to eat, go cheer them on in their activities, and check in on them from time to time. It’s a chance to be their Winfield family for the year!
- Finals Week Pizza Party – we order 30+ pizzas and have pop and send them home with goody bags for finals studying
- Kickball tournament – every few years we host a kickball tournament on campus
- Fun Nights – we organize fun nights. Last year we had a paint party to make art for the walls in the college Sunday School class
- Hygiene Items – we organize a pantry full of personal care items for students who might be short on cash: shampoo/conditioner, laundry soap, body wash, etc. You can drop off donations to the office at any time.
You are always welcome to contribute financially to our College Care ministry. You can make your checks out to Grace UMC with the memo: College Care and send them to 320 College St. Winfield, KS 67156